Friday, February 6, 2009

Where it all began

I can remember as a little girl anxiously waiting for the Miss America pageant to start on TV. While others watched to find out who would be crowned with the coveted title, I watched to see what dresses the contestants would wear. I admired the way the dresses fit and the intricate detail that was added to make a particular dress stand out from the rest. With each dress that came on stage, I became more and more mesmerized. It was then that I realized that I wanted to become a fashion designer.

With that realization came the many designs that I would sketch out on whatever piece of paper I could get my hands on. I also managed to take over control of my mother's sewing machine to make some dresses for my dolls out of cut up socks (which make the best fitted dresses for dolls).

Through the years, I have gotten sidetracked and walked down different paths, but they all seem to lead me right back to my passion of becoming a fashion designer. So, I decided that I was going to get out of my own way and not only pursue my dream, but stay focused and committed into turning it into a reality.

This blog will chronicle what steps I take forward as well as some that I may take backwards. Please check often and comment, especially if you notice that I haven't updated the blog in awhile. I have set a goal of writing down one thing a day that I have done to make myself better and keeping this blog updated on a regular basis helps to fulfill that requirement.

Sincerely,

Ebony
(Conquering the world, one stylish step at a time)

1 comment:

  1. You go boo! I know you're just getting started but I believe in you mind, body, and soul. :-)

    ReplyDelete