Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I just want to draw!

Between talks with a graphic designer, a lawyer, online school, work and my most important job of being a mother to two boys, drawing has seem to have taken a back seat.

The creative part of me just wants to sit and draw and let my hands translate for my imagination. The business part of me understands that you have to be patient and make sure you protect yourself as well as your ideas.

Right now I'm trying to find the balance of the two.  I want to be able to share my ideas, but I also want to make sure that I'm given credit for what I've worked so hard for.

So for now, I let my ideas dance around my head and onto the pages of my "Big Black Book of Ideas" until they are able to take the stage.

Finding balance always seems to be a resounding theme these days.  Everyone wants to have it all without having to sacrifice too much.  I'm guilty of that as well.  I want everything to fall into place since I can't find time to manage too many interruptions. If it were only up to me, I wouldn't have to worry about that, but unfortunately, life always has it's own plans and I have to fnd a way to either roll with the punches, or duck faster.  :-)

Sincerely,

Ebony
(Conquering the world, one stylish step at a time)

No comments:

Post a Comment